- When you wake up even though you want to sleep forever.
- When you’re afraid.
- When you feel like any direction you walk will take you where you don’t want to go.
- When you smile until you feel it, not because you feel it.
- When you feel trapped by your own thoughts.
- When you feel trapped by your own expectations.
- When you say, “I will choose life today.”
- When you don’t know exactly what love is, but you know who love is.
There are days when you walk outside into driving, pelting, cold rain and throw away your umbrella and decide to dance…because life is good and God is good.
In life. In death. In rain. In sunshine. When I’m afraid and when I’m brave. All the time.
In the wise words of one of my former pastors: “Joy is not like a flower. Joy is like a tank.”